SME 10.0 M80
- Fixed problems if working with outdated model pointers.
SME 10.0 M70
- Update EDM_ORIGIN_TOP for legacy objects from SE 7.0. Show notification in burnsheet UI.
- Maintain upper and lower case when changing orbit in Base UI on 2nd page.
- Don't center X/Y position of EDM_ORIGIN and CAM_CSYS if base is customized with an
additional cut or chamfer.
Note: EDM_ORIGIN and CAM_CSYS will be centered again if position options are changed
in Base UI. Move additional features into base group to avoid unintended shifting of
- Rename: don't check input on cancel.
- Fixed problem for copying electrodes if system variables %HOMEDRIVE% and
%HOMEPATH% can not be used to create a valid backup directoy. Use
documents folder \Users\...\Documents\buw\SMARTElectrode\temporary_data
- Properties UI: fixed wrong valid maximum length for values when editing.
Changed valid length from 32 (PRO_NAME_SIZE) to 80 (PRO_LINE_SIZE-1).
- List of holder types is not updated in Base UI after change of holder supplier.
- Fixed problem for new csys. Csys dimensions will be rounded to 'default_dec_places'
despite accurate values if created thorugh API. Csys dimensions will now be updated
directly after creation.
SME 10.0 M60
- Holder features will be set to NO DEPENDENCY after creation, because this simplifies data management in PDMLink. This applies to Creo Parametric 3.0 and newer releases. [RM-6510]
- Automatic Attach: check if offset (defined by FINISH_DEFAULT_OFFSET) creates undercut and set offset to 0 if necessary. [RM-6754]
- Burnsheet UI: added information about interferences to list of available notifications. [RM-6749]
- Hide commands 'Properties', 'Repeat', 'Copy', 'Classify' and 'Rename' in context menu of modeltree if another component is activated. Commands are only accessible in active main assembly. [RM-6748]
- Keep failed cutout features in modeltree to allow redefine for user. In some cases Creo fixes feature automatically. [RM-6747]
- Allow box selection in project UI for reference models. [RM-6746]
- Color format types 'SURFACE' and 'ANGLE' only worked partially without preceding touching surface analysis. Now necessary data will be collected before. Also updated description in default color format files. [RM-6730]
- Fixed an issue with copying electrodes when workspace is active. [RM-6712]
- Fixed problem with overwritten parameters for EDM's created in SE 7.0 or 8.0. Technology parameters are overwritten with current defaults from sel-list if no saved internal value found. Applies to parameters with defaults &OVERBURN1, &OVERBURN2, &OVERBURN3, &OVERBURN4, &OVERBURN1_QTY, &OVERBURN2_QTY, &OVERBURN3_QTY, &OVERBURN4_QTY, &SURF_QUALTIY. Initial values are saved in parameters with name SE_. [RM-6679][RM-6756]
- Fixed problem with position calculation for some assemblies created in SE 8.0. [RM-6703]
- Cutout: adjust sketch offset value (defined by ADD_XY_WP_SIZE) if equal to part accuracy. This avoids regeneration errors. [RM-6692]
- Fixed problem for surface collections (Seed'n'boundary, ...) in selection buffer if AUTO_INTERFERENCE_CHECK is executed. [RM-6744]
- Fixed problem with user-defined FREE_FACE in Base UI if option AUTO_UPDATE_PROJECTION=YES is set. [RM-6710]
- Fixed problem to set electrode material if 'pro_material_dir' is write-protected in config.sup. Material will be assigned if material files are available in both locations: pro_material_dir and configuration\electrode\materials. [RM-6729]
SME 10.0 M051
- Fixed export for Zwicker (Certa). ARRYITEM INDEX has to start with '0', unique name for electrode (SE_EDM_NAME_FORMAT) not evaluated. [RM-6669]
- Fixed error for parameter conversion. Target parameter can be unlocked if parameter UI is opened and closed with 'OK' before original parameter exists or user inputs a valid value. [RM-6370]
SME 10.0 M050
- Added new default location for SMARTElectrode configuration. Highest priority has system variable SE_USER_CONFIG_PATH. Installation directory is checked in the next step and finally
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\buw\SMARTElectrode\configuration is used. Userprofile will be the default location for new installations to separate program data from user data. [RM-6551]
- Material of electrode can be overwritten if lock state is set, because material from option DEFAULT_MATERIAL will be assigned in any case. Now lock state will be set depending on current material of electrode.
Note: value of DEFAULT_MATERIAL has be exactly the same like material file name. [RM-6528]
- List of orbits is not updated in Base UI in some cases. [RM-6512]
SME 10.0 M040
- Additional UI to show electrode notifications in burnsheet. Notifications appear on
mouse-over for tree-nodes and on click on notification icon (green flag). Notifications show
additional information about electrode creation and feature status.
- Offset of holder model in electrode can be pre-defined in template's dat-file. It's mandatory to
set a default holder in column 'HOLDER'. Only one offset can be defined for each electrode blank
size (=instance). Additional column names available to define offset: HOLDER_OFF_A, HOLDER_OFF_B
HOLDER_OFF_C, HOLDER_OFF_X, HOLDER_OFF_Y, HOLDER_OFF_Z. It's not mandatory to use all additional
- Added new command 'Rename' to context menu in modeltree. Rename takes care of models, drawings,
layers and simprep. Note: manufacturing, workpiece and manufacturing drawing won't be renamed.
- Add burn-faces to mirrored, merged or splitted up electrodes.
- Better performance by avoiding unnecessary data updates after multiple functions:
Properties UI, Check UI, Holder UI, Export UI.
- Added new feature type "SE_HOLDER_MODEL" which can be used in color format file to control color of
- Copy-geom and cutout features inside electrodes copied from another electrode assembly are set to NO UPDATE
to avoid unintended regeneration. Note: this functionality is available since Creo 3.
- Drawings: Table cell format from templates asm_bom.tbl, asm_wp.tbl and asm_edm.tbl will be maintained
during update of drawing tables. This applies to text font, thickness and justification. Text height
will be set to default text height.
- Burnsheet UI: don't show parameters in table line of group head.
- Burnsheet UI: highlight all electrode components if group head is selected.
- Movement of electrode from its original position is not allowed. The position of electrode
creation is protected. Only movement of base is available in activated component.
- Load additional parameters from working directory on startup. Mainly for internal testing.
File name is parameter.cfg.
- Select window disappears if command 'Move' is activated without electrode models in selection buffer.
- Assign core material to reference part on assembly creation.
- Avoid crash if curve chain is adjusted and option AUTO_INTERFERENCE_CHECK is YES.
- Fixed problems if default start- and secure-position can't be calculated, because Z-direction of
EDM_ORIGIN is parallel datum planes STARTPOS and/or SECUREPOS.
- Missing lines lying between keyword _END and next keyword _START will be written into export file
and not skipped anymore.
- Fixed wrong direction of extrude feature for cutout if Zmin of burnfaces outline is on sketch plane.
- Fixed wrong conversion/update of some string parameters that lead to constant updating of
- Drawing names for drawings with electrode positions will be shortened if necessary to make sure
they can be created and merged. Unique names are created using model name + component-id. If
drawing name exceeds valid length of 31 characters it will be trimmed from front. Example:
ELECTRODE_WITH_VERY_LONG_NAME_0196 (33 characters) results in
ECTRODE_WITH_VERY_LONG_NAME_0196 (31 characters).
This behavior applies also to electrode names, layers and simplified representation.
- Burnsheet UI: avoid problems in UI if a workpiece model is assembled several times.
SME 10.0 M030
- New Setup Wizard on 1st start of application to helps users to configure SMARTElectrode.
Final configuration directory will be saved in environment variable SE_USER_CONFIG_PATH
in current user profile. Delete configuration and restart software to run setup wizard again.
- Base UI - align base with selected reference and set rotation C.
Added right-mouse-button command ‘Align base to surface’ to input C. Two references have to
be selected: (1) surface from base, (2) surface to align to
- Improved performance of contact surface analysis for cylindrical surfaces.
- Parameters with default &seq show index of current electrode position instead of feature id.
There is a COMPONENT parameter with rule &seq needed to save this information.
System parameter SE_COPIED_INDEX like in SME 7.0 is not used anymore unless it’s added
to parameter configuration.
Example: Electrode A.1, Electrode A.2, Electrode B.1, Electrode C.1, …
- Selections pointing to electrode faces will be removed before creation of cutouts, copy-geometries.
- Export - reset display of geometry items after export is finished.
Save and reset layer stati and display options in ribbon.
- Added additional values to export option SE_EDM_BACKUP_REP to enable export with visible burn-faces.
SE_EDM_BACKUP_REP 5 (Export geometry as solid with burn-faces)
SE_EDM_BACKUP_REP 6 (Export geometry as quilts with burn-faces)
SE_EDM_BACKUP_REP 7 (Export geometry as surfaces with burn-faces)
Export options are defined in configuration/export/<type name>/export.cfg.
Option value can be changed in output UI in control ‘Geometry Representation’.
- Check UI: highlight selected result in 3d based on selected table cell. This can be
the model, touching surfaces or interference volumes.
- Export option SE_EDM_BACKUP_CSYS allows several values separated by a dash-dot ; now.
Usage of naming options for csys is also valid.
Example: SE_EDM_BACKUP_CSYS CAM_CSYS_NAME; EDM_ORIGIN_NAME; URSPRUNG;
- Allow editing of project and core parameters in burnsheet UI as well.
- Fixed wrong parameter update for parameters with rule ‘&inherit’ on initilization of data,
if parameter belongs to core model and has same name like an assembly parameter.
- Export templates - don’t stop reading if keywords _START or _END are included in the line.
Keywords have to be inside a html comment (<-- -->) or at the end of the line to be processed.
For example ‘EDMPOS_STARTPOINT_X’ does not stop reading anymore.
- Avoid creation of unnamed csys if feature CAM_CSYS is available but suppressed.
- Fixed missing value for parameter with rule &machining_dir. Machining dir shows direction of
movement from STARTPOS to ENDPOS. Value can be any combination of X, Y and Z: X, XY, YZ, …
- Fixed wrong moving of CAM_CSYS if electrode designed in SME 8.0 or 9.0. CAM_CSYS is placed on
EDM_ORIGIN in SME 8.0 or 9.0; in SME 10.0 position of CAM_CSYS is controlled by options
CAM_CSYS_CREATION and CAM_CSYS_POS.
- Preparation UI - fixed problem of wrong display of results if search for ‘Corners’ is activated.
- Drawing UI - fixed problem with missing assembly drawing sheets if only positioning sheets
are created and added to assembly drawing. Drawing option configuration:
SME 10.0 M020
- Introduced new context menu in holder UI to edit position, select and delete holder model.
In order to make this possible, the structure of holder features had to be changed.
There will be two coordinate systems:
HOLDER_BASE at center of electrode base.
EDM_HOLDER_POS offset coordinate system from HOLDER_BASE; used to assemble holder.
Old definitions of EDM_HOLDER_POS will be converted if holder is changed.
- Implemented new UI to support import of electrode models not designed in SMARTElectrode.
Use option EPSILON to set tolerance for touching faces analysis.
Add a color code for ‘COLOR_EDM_TOUCHING_FACES’ in COLOR_FORMAT_FILE to define color.
- Allow analysis for touching faces with offset in Check UI. Analysis considers undersize value from
parameter &overburn1. Activate ‘Map Color Format’ and add a color code for ‘COLOR_EDM_TOUCHING_FACES’
in file referred by COLOR_FORMAT_FILE to color surfaces.
- Updated my_color_format.cfg for 'Map color format in Check UI. Use option COLOR_FORMAT_FILE to link
to different color format file. Restart Creo and SMARTElectrode to load changed file and update in Check UI.
Example files: my_color_format_blue.cfg, my_color_format_pastel.cfg and my_color_format_rgb_palette.cfg.
- Activated automatic drawing dimensions in default configurations.
Edit my_drawing_format.cfg to adjust.
- Base UI: angles A, B, C show number of decimal places defined in parameter.cfg.
- Added template for Creo/NC to default configurations.
Template can be found in text/<language>/configuration/electrode/default_mm/machining.
New templates can be added in this directory as renamed copy from default.mfg.
- Default configurations use unit mm. Check options_inch.cfg in same folder for recommended options
if using inch.
- Base UI: save electrode model on OK to keep changes.
- Show parameter names for undersize values on 2nd page of base UI.
- Show same content in burnsheet UI as on assembly drawing sheets.
- Fixed problem in overburn calculation and datum display (¤t_date/&initial_date).
- Check UI: fixed error in touching surface analysis if CREATE_TOUCHING_SURFACES_FEAT=YES.
- Fixed incorrect recognition of electrodes created in SE 8.0 causing wrong position data.
- Fixed problem if parameter SE_HOLDER_SUPPLIER is missing at features from SE 8.0 or SE 9.0.
Option value DEFAULT_HOLDER will be used as default.
- Fixed crash after editing properties of active electrode.
- Fixed crash if more than one model is added to assembly via classify.
- Fixed crash in burnsheet UI if no electrodes defined in assembly.
SME 10.0 M010
- Base UI: use option INCREMENT_POS to define step-width. Values will be rounded on 1st click.
- Project UI: correct origin in reference model for copy-geom, merge and inheritance if part is selected.
- Base UI: show material on details page.
- Copy NC-process drawing with MFG if available in template folder ‘machining’.
- Detail commands work with or without active selection-buffer. User will be prompted to select references if nothing found in selection-buffer.
- Fixed wrong dimensions on drawings for merged or mirrored electrodes.
- Fixed offset and position of created dimensions on drawing.
- Fixed problem on creation of dimensions because of changed behavior in Creo 3 M140 and Creo 4 M020.
- Drawing UI: assembly drawing not saved if BOM and workpiece drawings are disabled.
- Create correct wireframe styles if component is active.
- Base UI: show default holder supplier (option DEFAULT_HOLDER) on details page if no holder assigned to electrode.
- Burnsheet UI: show updated values in table if ‘edit properties’ is used.
- Export UI: userdefiend directory was not used on AGIE-export.
- Base UI: Fixed error in calculation of position if base is created.
- Transform UI: avoid creation of new position if constraints are used. Move original component instead.
- Fixed error in calculation of EDM_ORIGIN/CAM_CSYS.
- Classify UI: type ‘undefined’ not saved.
- Updated export configuration for AGIE.
- Command ‘Classify’ not available in modeltree on right mouse button.
SME 10.0 F000
First production release of SMARTElectrode 10.0.